Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Seven Layer" Salad

I've never really understood Seven Layer Salad because typically there are usually more than seven layers whenever people make it. The same for my concoction! And I don't even layer it...so maybe I should just call it something else??

I will list what I use but alter the ingredient amounts to your liking!!

You will need:
3 heads of romaine lettuce
1/2 of a green bell pepper, chopped
2-3 stalks of celery, chopped
1/2 of a small head of cauliflower, chopped
1/2 - 1 pint of grape tomatoes, sliced
5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and chopped
1 bag (2.8 oz.) of real bacon pieces (you can use real bacon but this is less mess, less time and less fat...all for $1.50 - $1.89...it's worth it! Find it near the salad dressings!)
1 c. shredded cheddar cheese

For Dressing:
2 c. light mayo
3 T. sugar

I usually have all of my veggies (& other items) cut and ready to go but do not combine everything until right before serving.

I also usually make my dressing ahead of time so that it can sit in the fridge so the flavors can blend. Do this just by stirring together the mayo and sugar in a plastic container.

At serving time, I combine all of the salad ingredients in a very large bowl. I then pour the dressing over top and mix in with tongs to coat the salad and serve!

It is SO YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment