Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sugar Cookies

The other day I was on the hunt for a sugar cookie recipe and found this one on allrecipes.com. I adapted it a little bit because I knew my kids would not eat the pecans that it called for. Instead, I added peppermint crunch baking chips that I found on clearance after the Christmas season...YUM!!! These cookies are somewhat "delicate". They crumble fairly easily; but are tasty!! The kids LOVE them!!!

You will need:
1 c. powdered sugar
1 c. brown sugar, packed
1 c. butter
1 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
4 1/2 c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 t. cream of tarter
1 bag of peppermint crunch baking chips (these are seasonal)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, cream together sugars, butter and oil. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking soda, salt and cream of tarter (you could combine these in a separate bowl and then stir in...I always skip this step in my baking and they turn out just fine). Mix in the baking chips.

Roll dough into balls (about the size of walnuts) and place on cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

**These cookies are very oily...I think I'd try and cut back a bit next time.

**I'm thinking you could use crushed peppermint candies and vanilla baking chips in place of the peppermint crunch and these would be just as tasty!!

No comments:

Post a Comment