Friday, March 2, 2012

French Toast Casserole

Pretty tasty--the kids LOVED it!! I don't typically do big breakfasts on school days but yesterday was supposed to be a mom/grandma breakfast for two of my kids. At first I didn't think I was going to be able to go. So I decided I'd still make it special but do something at home. Plans changed and I was able to go, but we decided we'd still stay home. So I made a French Toast Casserole and had picked up some mini donuts for them. They thought it was pretty great! This is a recipe that you make the night before you need it, so there is no prep time in the morning!!

For the French Toast Casserole, you will need:
1 stick of butter, melted
1 c. brown sugar
1 loaf of Texas Toast
4 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
cinnamon & sugar mixture
powdered sugar

Combine melted butter and brown sugar. Pour into the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.

Place one layer of bread over butter/sugar mixture. I was able to fit 6 slices of bread.

In a medium sized bowl, beat eggs, milk and vanilla together with a whisk. Pour half of this mixture over the layer of bread. Then sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixture (use as much or as little as you want).

Put another layer of bread on top of that and pour remaining egg mixture over the top. Sprinkle with another layer of cinnamon & sugar.

Cover with foil and put in the refrigerator over night. In the morning, pull from the fridge and bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.

When it was done baking, I lightly sprinkled it with powdered sugar.

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment