Friday, March 2, 2012

Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork (or Chicken)

I made this recipe for the first time back when I did my freezer cooking session. The sauce was different than what I'm used to (more sweet than spicy), but my kids REALLY liked this...so much so, that two of them wanted it cold in their lunches for school! So the next day, I sent them with cold pulled pork sandwiches and they thought it was the greatest lunch EVER!!

Not sure where I found this recipe but apparently it is even Weight Watcher friendly...which is good, because I've been starting to feel guilty for my recent posts of French Toast Casserole, Homemade Donuts and S'more Brownies!

You will need:
1 1/2 # pork roast or chicken breast
1 c. tomato sauce
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T. plus 2 t. brown sugar (not packed)
2 T. plus 2 t. cider vinegar
2 t. garlic powder
red pepper flakes, to taste

Place all ingredients, except meat, in the crock pot. Stir until well mixed. Add meat and coat with sauce.

Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until meat is fully cooked.

Shred meat with two forks and mix well into sauce so it is well coated.

You can eat this plain or serve on hamburger buns.

ENJOY!!!

*This works well to cook ahead and then freeze so that when you need it you just have to pull it out, thaw and heat up for a quick meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment