Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Mexican Casserole

I forgot to take a picture of our dinner tonight but it was really good just VERY spicy (according to the rest of my family). I didn't think it was too bad but I'm a little more tolerant of that sort of thing. ;) I used a "hot & spicy" taco seasoning packet so I think that was where the kick came from.

In efforts to use up some more ground beef, I made this recipe. I've made something similar to this dish with chicken here. Chicken or beef are both delicious!

You will need:
1# ground beef
1 can of Rotel
1 packet of taco seasoning
1 can of cream of chicken soup
1 bag of Doritos or generic form, crushed
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
water

Brown & drain the ground beef. Over low heat, add Rotel, taco seasoning, cream of chicken soup and some water (I filled the empty soup can halfway). Heat this through and stir until well blended.

In a 9x13, layer half of the crushed chips, half of the meat mixture, and half of the cheese. Repeat the layers.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-30 minutes.

**I was going to add some refried beans into the meat mixture but I realized I didn't have any. I thought black beans would be good...my family would not! I think corn would also be a good thing to add in but again, my family would not care for it. I did make corn on the side and added it in myself. I thought it was good!! :)

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment