Monday, April 9, 2012

Burritos

I have made these several times now and we really like them!! I make a bunch of them ahead of time and freeze them. A very quick & easy meal!!

You will need:
2 cans of refried beans
1 c. salsa
3 c. cooked chicken, chopped (I have also used 1# ground beef, cooked and drained)
3 c. shredded cheddar or mexican blend cheese
flour tortillas (about 16 or so...depends on size of tortilla)

I combine the beans, 1/2 c. salsa, meat and 2 c. cheese in a large bowl and stir it all together until it is mixed well. Then I spread the meat/bean mixture into the center of the tortilla and roll it up. Place them in a pan, spread remaining salsa over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or so.

When I freeze these, I just roll up the burritos and place in a ziploc freezer bag. When I am ready to bake, I pull out what I need and put in a baking dish and let them thaw in the refrigerator. When I am ready to bake, I spread 1/2 c. salsa and sprinkle with about 1 c. cheese over the top and put in the oven.

ENJOY!!!

*I adapted the recipe for these a little bit from Money Saving Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment