Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Homemade Taco Seasoning

Up until recently, I had a huge stockpile of taco seasoning...but with coupons not being as available as they once were, my stockpile dwindled and I had no more taco seasoning packets left. So, I gave the homemade version (found here) a try and I thought it tasted really close to store-bought! It is made with ingredients I already had on hand so I didn't need to buy a thing to do it! :)

You will need:
1/4 c. chili powder
1 1/2 t. onion powder
1 1/2 t. garlic powder
1 1/2 t. cumin
1 1/2 t. oregano
1/2 t. paprika
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper

Mix in a small bowl and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.

Use 2 rounded tablespoons in place of one taco seasoning packet.

*The author of this recipe also suggested if you like it a little spicier, then you could add 1 t. of red pepper flakes. I did not do this but will probably try it next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment