Monday, March 14, 2011

Strawberry Bread

We've been loading up on the strawberries around here the past few weeks with being able to find them for $1.00. I had some strawberries that I had already cut up...with being gone a lot over the weekend, they just didn't get eaten. I needed to find something to do with them before I ended up having to throw them away. I decided to make some Strawberry Bread for the kids. I had a small piece and it was pretty tasty!! I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and made it pretty much as written (a big surprise to those of you that know me).

You will need:
2 c. chopped strawberries (you may want to use more if you want more of a strawberry taste)
3 1/8 c. flour
2 c. sugar
1 T. ground cinnamon
1 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1 1/4 c. vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/4 c. chopped pecans (I did not use these)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray.

Place chopped strawberries in a medium bowl...sprinkle lightly with sugar.

Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt & baking soda in a large bowl. Mix together well. Blend eggs & oil into strawberries. Add strawberry mixture to the flour mixture and stir until dry ingredients are just moistened.

Divide batter into pans.

Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and then remove bread from pans to cool the rest of the way.


ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment