Sunday, March 6, 2011

Pizza Burgers

I posted this a while back on the Centsible Shopping site...

When we moved from the Chicago area back to Northwest Ohio, our Chicagoland church blessed us with several gifts. One of my favorite gifts that I will always treasure is a cookbook. They knew how much I loved to cook and bake so the wonderful people there wrote their favorite recipes on cards and they were put into a book for me.

One of my family's favorite recipes from this book is Pizza Burgers, a recipe from a very sweet family.

These pizza burgers are yummy, and simple to make too!

You will need:
1 # ground chuck, browned & drained
1/2 c. tomato sauce
1/2 c. ketchup
2 T. parmesan cheese
1/2 t. garlic (I use garlic powder)
1/4 t. oregano
6 Kaiser rolls
Sliced mozzarella cheese

Combine all of the above ingredients except for rolls & mozzarella cheese. Cut the Kaiser rolls in half (like a hamburger bun) and butter the inside top. Add meat mixture and a slice of cheese. Put sandwich together and wrap in foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

*When I've not had sliced mozzarella cheese I have used shredded and it works, it's just messier when you are making it. I think I've also used sliced provolone cheese as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment