Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pizza Meatballs

I found this recipe over here on Cindy's site. The whole family liked them...even the picky eater!

I italicized my notes...the rest is all from Cindy.

You will need:
1# ground chuck
1 c. bread crumbs
1/2 c. milk
2 T. dried minced onions
1 t. garlic salt
1/8 t. pepper
4 oz. mozzarella chunk cheese , cut into 12 cubes (I needed more cheese than this)
3 T. flour
2 T. oil
1 jar pizza or pasta sauce (I used a jar of spaghetti sauce)

Mix the first 6 ingredients, shape into 12 large meatballs with 1 cube of cheese in center of each, making sure that the cheese is completely covered with meat mixture. Coat each meatball lightly with flour. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook meatballs in oil until browned on all sides. Drain fat. Add sauce to meatballs and heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 10 min or until done.

You can serve this over rice, noodles, or as a pizza sub.

Note: I doubled the recipe to have some for later use. After I browned the meatballs, I took out half, cooled, flash froze, placed them into a ziploc bag, and put them in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment