Friday, October 1, 2010

Lime Chicken

I love this recipe because there are so many options for it!

You will need:
1 1/2 # skinless, boneless chicken breast meat
1/4 c. red wine vinegar
1 lime, juiced
2 t. white sugar
1 t. salt
1 t. pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 t. dried oregano


I mix up the ingredients, excluding the chicken, in a ziploc freezer bag. I then poke the chicken a few times with a fork, throw it in the bag and then seal and put in my freezer for future use. To use the chicken, I let it thaw in the fridge. I place the pieces of chicken in a baking dish and discard the remaining marinade. I then bake it at 400 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. I cut this up and my family eats it in flour tortillas with the usual taco toppings (lettuce, tomato, cheese, onion, sour cream, salsa). I also like to eat it on a salad and crush some tortilla chips over it. I also make my own mexi-ranch dressing to go with it. My mexi-ranch dressing consists of mixing 2 T. light or fat free sour cream, 2 T. light ranch dressing and 1/3 c. salsa.

If you don't want to freeze this, you could always just make the marinade and add your meat a little while prior to baking or grilling.

If you didn't want to bake the chicken, you could also cube your chicken, saute it over medium-high heat and then once it's cooked through, you could add the marinade ingredients and let it simmer for 10 minutes or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment