Thursday, February 2, 2012

Lemon Chicken

I had my menu plan all worked out but came across a recipe for Lemon Chicken the other day and it sounded good. I had all of the ingredients I needed except for a lemon. I was making a trip to the store anyway so I grabbed a lemon and made this for dinner! I thought it was pretty tasty!

I adapted the recipe a little. You can find the original here.


This is what I did...

You will need:
Zest from one lemon
juice from one lemon
1 heaping teaspoon of minced garlic
2 t. dried thyme
1 t. kosher salt
1 t. ground black pepper
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut in half for a total of 6 pieces

In a ziploc bag, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Mix these ingredients well and then add chicken; press air out and seal bag tight. Toss chicken around in the bag until well coated with the marinade. Put the bag in the refrigerator and let it marinate for 2 hours.

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place in a 9x13 baking dish. Save the leftover marinade.

Bake the chicken for a total of 50-55 minutes. About halfway through the baking time, pour the remaining marinade over the chicken.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment